St. Patrick's Day has never been a big holiday for me. I haven't really ever anticipated the day, or stressed about what green I will find to wear. (My eyes are green, and I wear those everyday.)
Well this morning at approximately 3:00 in the AM, my little daughter came upstairs in tears!
"Mommy, I HAVE to wear green to school or I will get pinched."
"Sister, we will find some green to wear in the morning I promise."
Then she calmed down and finally went back to sleep. (It felt like hours to me, but in reality it was probably only about 10 minutes.)
This morning we found green for everyone to wear. (Except for Daddy, he left before she woke up because she had a late night waking - see above.) The world has been made right, and all will go well at school today.
Then she did tell me about some little green men. (She couldn't remember what they were called.) And that they would come and paint her face. She said this smiling but later confessed to hiding under her blankets.
I love that girl! So today HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY to all!!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Happy St Patrick's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm also a little fearful of little green men - and have irish aversions because of the nightmares caused by "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". Still, so glad the whole world wore green and that it was an issue in your house as well as mine!
LOVE HER!
That is so awesome!! I have a super funny story that this reminds me of that I heard this week I will send it to you (beter not published but you will get a laugh out of it!!)What a cutie!!
Yes, Peyton was quite disappointed in my green eyes, because he was rather boyishly looking for someone to pinch. Also, he wanted to find a leprechaun the next time there was a rainbow. I'd forgotten how important St. Patricks Day is at school, I guess.
Post a Comment