I am not sure what to say. I have been trying for days to articulate best my feelings. I love my grandpa. I miss my grandpa. I am so glad he is no longer in pain.
This is my grandpa. Last Sunday he passed away. I will forever and always remember you and the times that we shared together. Remember when we would go buy "antifreeze," the blue drink from the gas station down the road. Remember when we rode in the back of your truck on washboard roads. Remember how you could always find the chocolate syrup at Perry Lodge. Remember when we watched Home Alone and you laughed so hard when the pizza guy knocked over the statue with his car. Remember the many "Red Brick Mountains of Kanab" choruses that we would sing. Remember walking all over snow covered mountains to find Grandma's perfect Christmas tree. Remember how we just followed you all over Perry Lodge as you worked. Remember when you laughed so hard the bed shook at the Christmas elephant scaring us. Remember when we went to the Old Barn Theater. Remember the many Big Adventures we went on together. Remember how you told me everything would be OK. Remember how you always held Grandma's hand when we prayed. (When I was little I would imagine having that someday. I now do.) And so many more "remember when's." But more than the when's I will remember the feelings. The feeling of love and comfort I felt in your home and just being around you. The feeling of having the best grandpa in the world.
It felt very applicable that the scripture of the day was Enos 1:27 "And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me; Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father, Amen."

No comments:
Post a Comment