Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tagged!

Ok, Ok, Ok, so I was tagged.....quite awhile ago. I have been thinking and thinking and thinking about 10 things that people don't know about me. I haven't really come up with anything, but I'm hoping that the ideas will come as I sit here and type. :) (I even asked Heath for suggestions, and all he said was, "All the things I can think of, you don't want to share.") So here goes.....

1 - I really hate doing this sort of thing. I enjoy reading all about other people, but actually taking the time to sit down and do it myself, nope not for me. (However, I'm not really sure that should count because the person that tagged me already knew that.)

2 - I used to be in a lot of musicals, and sing all the time. Now the only ones who hear me sing are my kids and Heath. Usually in silly voices and with comical facial expressions, but I love it and so do they. (Except the Happy Birthday song that the stork sings on Dumbo, Heath is just frightened when I sing that one. )

3 - I went on a pioneer trek. Apart from having my children, it was the most difficult yet most rewarding experience ever. I have a terrible memory, but some things stick with you. I will never forget the feelings, heartache and the small link to our pioneer ancestors that I experienced. If you ever get a chance to go on one, I highly recommend it.

4 - I have a horrible temper, yep I know you all thought that Heath was hogging that department, but no I hold my own like a pro. Not really something to be proud of, but true. It gets really bad when I am sick or uncomfortable. Ewwww, like in the summer if my feet get too hot, grumpy, grumpy Jeri.

5 - I hate clutter, especially in the kitchen. Clean, clear kitchen counters are the only way to go. If you ever come over and you step into my kitchen and it is cluttered and dirty you will know that I am having a bad day.

6 - I love to cook. I wish I had the time and energy to really get into some great cooking adventures. I try to make atleast one new recipe per week. Sometimes good, sometimes very very bad. Oh, and I am a recipe gal.....unless it is something that I am really familiar with......follow that recipe to the letter!

7 - I am a planner. I like things planned out well in advance and know what is coming. Heath and I like to plan our goals, lives, and money. So what if they change daily, always have a plan! If we aren't working towards something, we are lost.

8 - I have always wanted to have enough money to do the twelve days of Christmas for an entire family. So far personal finances have not allowed us to do that to the extent that I would like, but someday it will. It would be so fun, oh and it has to be secreative, no one could know it was us. 12 nights, something bigger each night, writing funny tags, hiding in the dark til it is safe to make it up to the door, seeing their surprised faces, running so you don't get caught, talking about the memories for years....FUN!

9 - I hate hair. Pet hair, people hair, all hair. Ok not all hair, just after it has become detatched. This is truly a trick for me as I shed. My hair is everywhere, and DISGUSTING! I clean my brush out after everytime I use it, yep everytime. Always have the vacuum and broom handy, get that stuff out of your house!

10 - Crisp, clean sheets to climb into at the end of the day! Is there anything more relaxing? When they are nice and tight over the bed, and cool to the touch.....WONDERFUL!

I DID IT! I didn't think that I could, but look....I went and did it. Now you all know a bit more about me. I can't think of anyone to tag, so I guess this part of the chain will end here with me. Have a Zippy Day!

2 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

OK - I'll be honest, I don't think any of those things were surprises for me (probably mine didn't surprise you either) but it was fun to read you . . . I like how when you read something that a person types it's almost like hearing their voice. I guess I could actually call and get the same sort of fix, but this one was effortless for me and I truly appreciate your humoring me as I'm sure I'm not the only person who enjoys it.

Papa & Grandma Cox said...

Jeri,
OK, I dont' think I was surprised too much on most of those either, but they are part of the special and beautiful treasure you are, and I smiled all the way through it. I will say that though your temper may be hinted at fairly regularly (yep, by Heath) you have always managed to hold it when it is aimed at me--at least to my face (?!) If I can get a grip on mine, yours should be a snap. Did I mention I've worked on it for just over three decades? Keep up the effort. Kiss the shweeties. Love you. Mom.