Sunday, August 31, 2008

Emergency Room

Well folks, it happened....Trace has gone to the ER before his second birthday. In his defense he does have to keep up with this siblings. :) So Friday afternoon Trace tipped over our rocking chair and almost cut the entire top of his finger off. It was pretty gross, pretty scary, and pretty stressful. Thankfully Nolan was here to watch the other kids so Heath and I could take him in.

He was a tough guy, and could get him calmed down fairly quickly. Of course as soon as someone in green scrubs walked into the room, he started screaming again, but we all lived through the experience. :)
He will have to wear this bandage for ten days, and then it should be all better. He doesn't really like it, but after Daddy rewrapped it he is doing MUCH better at leaving it alone.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Poor kiddo! Hope it heals quickly.

Nat said...

That's too bad! Poor guy! Clint has his annual visits to the E.R. too. Two summers ago he cut the top of his finger off. Last summer he had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hand and face. This summer he has done okay, but I just heard some power tools in the backyard...

Toni Dee! said...

YAY! I was beginning to think he wasn't yours! he he, sorry - I got my sick sense of humor from my sister! Glad to see the little guy will make it through with all his digits and I am thankful you didn't have to take him alone (since I know how much you love medical moments like that!). Now we just have to wait to see Tell's adventurous spirit manifest itself! :) Oh and at least it wasn't his birdie finger - that's one BIG bandage!