Well I did it! My other project for January was my cooking project. I love to cook, but sadly time is an issue around here. By the time dinner rolls around I'm not really in the mood to create a masterpiece. So I did a little homework on how to do it properly and have made dinners for a whole month and they are now frozen in my freezer! It is called 30 meals in 1 day. I gotta tell you it was a long 8 hours, but so far so good. The grocery bill was less than what we normally pay a month. I was concerned about having freezer burned food, and always having the dinners taste like leftovers, BUT the book that helped me with my project addressed all of my concerns. We have had two meals so far, and they we both yummy. I will keep you posted on how successful they all are.
So I fixed the post a little. This is the book that I used to get me going on this. I also bought the software that goes with it. The software has the recipes, prints menus, grocery lists, and labels for the frozen stuff. I put in the servings I wanted of each recipe, and then it generated the grocery list for me!
http://www.30mealsinoneday.com/index.php
Now I guess I have to set some new projects for February! :)

5 comments:
you go jeri!!! You go and do all the projects for us both...because I have no motivation to do any projects!! That is awesome keep me posted on how the meals go. :D
Way to go! What's the book? It sounds like a good project.
I want to know what the book is too! Sounds like a great idea. Way to go!
That's an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!
I'm convinced!!! I just bought one too!!! I hate trying to figure out what to make for dinner, and I love to cook....so thanks for the idea!!
Thanks!!
Post a Comment