We bought our house about 4 years ago. It has been through a lot since then. The front yard has had the weeds overtake it. It has had weed killer dowsed on it. It has been cleaned and scraped with a big ol' tractor. It has more dirt added, and finally it has had sod laid on it.
These are my flowers that come up through the grass every year. I do nothing to help these beauties appear, or stay alive for that matter. Each year when it is finally time to mow the lawn it is too hot and they have died for the year. So in my patient mode, I mow right on over them each week wondering if next year they will again prevail and greet us each spring. So far they do. In fact this year there seems to be more than before. I love these flowers. They bring my heart joy each time I drive up to the house, look out the window, or catch their beautiful color out of the corner of my eye. They remind me to be strong and to "bloom" no matter what happens on around or under us. I make the choice to withstand all the bad stuff that comes my way and come away from it even better than before!
And here is my blue eyed baby. Oddly enough my kids remind me to be better as well. They forgive me so easily for my shortcomings. They may not like what I say, but at the end of the day they love me and give me the best hugs. My hubby and the kids bring my soul to life, and make me smile each day. So, I will also forgive others for their shortcomings, and remember that we are all children of God at the end of the day!
3 comments:
You're so much nicer than me! I haven't ever seen your flowers? Soon baby, soon!
Love you,
fs
I've got some tulips that keep coming up every year too...even though we ripped out that flower bed and put sod over it. They still keep blooming! I love it!
Love those blue eyes! :)
So true!!! It is crazy how no matter what...we decide what to make of something. (not saying that you feel like kicking someone in the teeth in the mean time or busting out a wall...a seth quote) but you can bloom in the middle of it all. Super pretty flowers and ok mabie the baby blues too!!! By the way it was fun to see you guys even if it was not the most fun events to get together for...but it was great to see you guys
Post a Comment