Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Plight of the Laundry Maiden

Why, oh why, do I always let it get so far behind and backed up that I can't remember what color my laundry room floor is? And why does it seem to happen over night? I really don't mind throwing a load in, or moving it to the dryer as I am bustling through that room. But the folding of it all! You know the loads that sit, and sit and by the time you have to fold it, it looks like they are dirty?
Then you finally get it under control, and you look around to see more. The lone sock that the dark corner was holding ransom. The bathroom "accident" that happened 30 minutes after the last load went in. The soiled mommy shirt, from loving a wound better.
It is a never ending vicious cycle.
So until I get brave enough to go around naked, Happy Laundry Days!

4 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

Honestly sis, your laundry room is HUGE! Not feeling nearly so bad about that load I've left in the washer and re-washed 3 times because I forgot and let it mildew. Maybe I'll go and start it up again just for good measure!

love you, fs

Nat said...

I feel your pain...

:)

Meli O. said...

You have got to the that never ending friend that always makes its way into your life...I am still trying to fix our fun problems with laundry. My sister told me a very cool idea. She got three huge hampers...one for lights, one for darks, and one for whites...and you can even pick out cute ones that have lids so it is like the laundry doesen't exist. but then it is super easy to load and unload. We have been trying it out and it has been awesome. Just an idea that you probobly have already tried..but I am always up for new ideas...I know it feels like it is never ending...got to love laundry!! :D

Laura said...

I couldn't agree more! Somedays I LOATHE my laundry room and other days I don't mind being in there and folding, rotating, etc. Overall . . . laundry . . . . BLAH! :(