Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

The 4th of July is one of my very favorite holidays ever. I love everything about the day. I love the red white and blue everywhere. I love the sense of togetherness as a family, community, and nation.
This year we got to be in the parade. We made super cute tutu's for the girls and cool dude bandannas for the boys.
We wandered around the park after the parade, but since our Daddy was helping out at all the booths, (Not really but it felt like it.) the kids and I headed to a less stressful park to have a picnic.
We had a super fun neighborhood BBQ that night. There was the biggest slip 'n slide ever there. Gideon would run most of the way down the plastic before he would lay down. Silly boy!
Then the fireworks. (I LOVE FIREWORKS! I think it comes from when I was a kid and watched them set off the big ones, up close and personal.) Our Daddy put on a fabulous show in Grandma's driveway and we watched the big ones right outside our house.
All in all, a wonderfully exhausting day!

No comments: