Monday, September 29, 2008

Me and My Dad, are going fishing....



So this weekend we went up the canyon to go fishing. We all had a great time, though not much fishing occured. :) We got up there and Kodi and Gideon went to town "fishing" with their kid fishing pole that has the plastic fish constantly attached to the end of the string. And yes they were excited and happy each time that they reeled the fish in yelling, "I got a fish!" Daddy and Trace set to work on getting Daddy's line ready. (Which took much longer that normal as Trace was "helping" ALOT) Finally Daddy cast and his line broke, so they set to work on getting another one ready....only to run out of fishing line on the next cast. Oh well, time to through rocks in the lake! Then we built the smallest campfire known to man. (It had been raining so there wasn't much dry stuff.) Daddy was a trooper though and cooked us our hot dogs and smores! All in all, a wonderful adventure.

4 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

OK your kids are absolutely darling. Watch out world! Kodi is a complete beauty . . . I want to kiss the daylights out of Tell, Trace looks like total trouble and Gideon is such a handsome little man. Oh how I miss them . . . and how I would have enjoyed watching Uncle Heath struggle with his fishing pole (yes, I'm naughty that way)!

Oveson's said...

So I heard you all had a great time...gooey faces and all...smores everywhere. That is so great. Those fishing pools are great the kids never seem to go without cathing a fish and you dont even have to gut them. Hehe

Sara said...

...Me and my Dad are gonna have fun! ;) We were up on the mountain on Saturday too. The colors were gorgeous, weren't they. Glad you had fun inspite of the rain. Peyton was excited to see Panguitch lake and wanted to see another lake, so we told him we'd see a small lake on the way home, meaning Duck Creek. Boy were we scolded! "That's not a small lake! It's big!"

Oveson's said...

Bro - Pink, you have a Pink blog. I can't believe it. Next thing you know you will be getting your nails done or something gross like that.