Thursday, July 16, 2009

Motherhood

Tonight is one of those nights where you should just go to bed because tomorrow is bound to be better. One of those nights where you want your children to be good so badly, and they aren't. One of those nights where you are "encouraging" your children to be good, and they aren't. One of those nights where you can't wait for bedtime. But bedtime comes and you just feel like a bad parent. Now they are all safe and comfy in their beds and you are thinking, what kind of a mother are you?? Probably one of those nights that you shouldn't be blogging. :) Here's to a better tomorrow!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Jeri! I am soooo sorry that you had a day like this! I want you to know that you are definitely NOT a bad mommy - you are one of the best, most patient, mommies I know. Tomorrow will be better. :)

Toni Dee! said...

So glad I'm not the only one that feels like that! Trust me - the proof is in the puddin' . . . you have wonderful children (no, I know they don't always act wonderful, esp. at bedtime). Still, they know you love them and there are about 3 billion people out there who are worse parents so just keep swimming and know we love love love you!

fs

Oveson's said...

oh those nights!! you are such a great mom and sister so keep going...thank heavens for days and that it all starts a new!! we love you!!

Unknown said...

Oh, honey... most of my days end like that, whether the rest of the day was fine or not. See... bedtime is a demonic thing in our house right now. There are those very strange days (today was one) when they both went to bed without throwing a fit, and didn't cry, and didn't come out 72 times... mostly because I was in bed WITH them until they were unconscious... You are an awesome mommy!