Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Like many of you out there, I love the 4th of July. It is one of my very favorite holidays! We had a great day. Heath helped out with the parade and the festivities over at the park, so the kids and I loaded up the triple stroller and headed to the parade. Thankfully we had loads of family there to help me with my excited kiddos! After the parade we came home to enjoy some "Americana Fruit Pizza" (thanks Grandma)! I made some fruit pizza with strawberries and blueberries that looked like a flag. YUMMY! I'm sure that all we eat is Heaven is fruit pizza. :)
Off again to the park, to check on Daddy. OK, and to see all the fun stuff going on over there. But Daddy running the dunk tank was pretty entertaining. :)

That night we had a BBQ in our backyard, and the kids played in their pool and ran through the sprinkler.


And the fireworks! We played with glow sticks, ran around with sparklers and watched the big fireworks. It really was a great day. I am so thankful that we live in this country and enjoy the freedoms that we have!!

5 comments:

Nat said...

Looks like fun! Do you really have a triple stroller? That is awesome!

Oveson's said...

Super Cute 4th of July kiddos!! Love the cute photos. I cant wait to see you guys.

Toni Dee! said...

I'm so jealous - I really want sparklers!!! All we had were those popper things and they're just not as exciting as they once were.

Toni Dee! said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Your header is trippy, wonderful, beautiful, incredible! I want to eat them. Ok not really eat them, but squeeze them and then kiss their necks and tickle their tummies and smell them, oh and smell them some more! I think those last two could have been brothers or something :) And that baby girl, stunning and heart-rending that she's so big already, I mean - you JUST had her!!! Why do you do this to me? Here I am wasting precious time trying to veg out and you get me all teary and sentimental. Move to Texas ok???
fs

Unknown said...

It was so fun to see you guys at the parade! Your kids look so cute -- I love the second picture of your little guy - amazing picture. Your blog looks great! Professional for sure!!! :) Love it!