Monday, July 13, 2009

Yankee Meadow

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Camping
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox slideshow

We headed to the hills again this last weekend. We borrowed another 4 wheeler so that we could all ride around together. I learned a few fun things on this trip.

1 - Mommy is not nearly as fun as Daddy is on the 4 wheeler. Gideon informed me several times that I was not going as fast as Daddy.

2 - We had the best camping sleeping night yet! Nope, I didn't forget the tent.

3 - There was a really neat log tee pee that someone had built. Kodi did inform me that there were spiders in there.

4 - We had loads of relaxing time in the hammock!

5 - If your children's faces are not dirty while you are camping there is something wrong with you.

It was so beautiful up there. It was some great family time with no interuptions. Daddy cooked us up some authentic camping food. :) Surprisingly, it was yummy. It was a GREAT weekend!!

Oh, we also went swimming at a friends pool on Saturday. I have had some bad experiences with 4wheelers, and also swimming with the kids. So this weekend was a bit of a stretch on my nerves. Hopefully the kids can get more comfortable in the water and I wont have to be so tense. :) And I'm not sure if I will ever be comfortable on the 4wheeler, but we keep trying. :)

2 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

The wink, the dimples . . . be still my heart! Seriously - could your kids be any cuter? Nope . . . great pics and thanks for throwing yourself in there. You look HOT if I do say so myself (no, I'm not talking to Heath here). Wish we could have crashed the party,
fs

Oveson's said...

We are home from the hospital and things are going good. It took me a long time to get all of the posts on there but if you want to read the whole story you can read all of the posts...in total there are three. Man I am happy to be home...did I mention that I hate hospitals...lol

I love the photos!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!