We really had a wonderful time last weekend at the Great American Stampede. On Thursday night Heath and I went dancing. It has been a long time since we have been "officially" dancing. I think the last time was our first date. And you all know how well that went. :) It was alot of fun, and apparently we still know how.
Then on Friday we went on over to the park. And after the park we headed off to the rodeo. I would now like to give a warning to all parents. DO NOT give your children cotton candy when it is already after their normal bedtime! We had a great time, but had to leave before Gideon got to ride the sheep.
Saturday morning was the horse parade. Heath was one of the judges for the parade so it was just the kiddos and I holding done the Tahoe. Gideon just kept saying things were gorgeous. "Mommy, that horse is gorgeous." "Mommy, that orange tractor is gorgeous." He kept me in stitches. 
I think that if they offered we would have taken any of those horses home with us. Oh and a major event happened in conjunction with this weekend. I got my very first cowboy hat! Now, I have tried on Heath's loads of times, but I have a much much bigger head them him. (Laugh it up, all you out there, laugh it up.) So Heath got me a super cute one that I love! But since I do this blog you don't get a picture, HA! OK, so I had Heath take a few pictures but they didn't turn out, so you will all have to wait.
5 comments:
Looks super fun, can I can't wait to see a photo of your GIANT cowboy hat! ;)
way to go jeri...I am sure you are one hot mama in your cowgirl hat :D Looks like so much fun!! You have some great ropers!!
Looks like a fantastic weekend! I love your happy little family. Just adorable. It's been forever since I've been dancing too. Maybe we should try it.
That sounds so fun! Glad you had such a great time! We missed it this year -- but maybe next year we can hook up with ya and tag along for all this great fun! And we are NOT going to forget about the pictures of your hat, by the way!!! :)
Can't wait to see your hat! I wish we were there to enjoy the western festivities with you. Our western party is this coming week - wish Kabe luck with his 2nd annual stick horse rodeo :)
Post a Comment