Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm A Big Kid Now!

So my baby has graduated to a big kid, and he loves his new found freedom. :) On Labor Day we went and got him a big boy bed. (Please ignore the boringness of my boys' room. I can't seem to get a vision for my kids' rooms. If you have any suggestions they are definitely welcome.) When he isn't sleeping we just slide the bed underneath the bunk beds. It works out great! For some time we have been great at going up the stairs, but just recently we have mastered the down part. The video below is pretty uneventful, but I wanted to share how he goes down sideways. It makes me chuckle. Now if only he could master those darn door knobs his freedom would know no bounds. Currently he just sits at the back door and yells at the kids outside 'til they come and open it for him. I'm sure that in short order Trace will explain to him the art of using the dog door. :)

5 comments:

Nat said...

Congrats on the big boy bed! I love how he goes down the stairs! Cute!

Alyss Paige said...

That is so dang cute. They grow too fast.

Oveson's said...

yea buddy what a big boy!!! No visions for you I have none for marisa and skylers room. But I did see a cheep way to make a shelf I am going to make one for risa's room check it out my sister in law made one it is super cute!! http://danielatongeistephanie.blogspot.com/2009/08/home.html
she made it out of a pallet!!

Toni Dee! said...

That's hilarious - you need to come and visit to teach Brig how to do that, currently he goes up and then screams at the top. What a cute boy . . . love love love him and his fuzzy hair!

My friend just did her boys room in trucks and it's really cute. She bought clearance paints (the mistinted ones) in light blue light green and dark green and did three big wavy lines across the walls (like hills and then sky, dark on bottom then a row of light green and then blue on top). Then she put these cute cars and trucks and road signs decals on the bumps (she gave me an extra package of the decals). Anyway - if you want them I'd mail them to you?

GrandCox's said...

Yay, Tell! What a smart little buddy--he can see where he's going and that takes a lot of coordination. I like his cheerleader, too!