Monday, August 3, 2009

Emery County

So last weekend we were off to Emery County. We had a blast visiting all the family and friends. Aunt Danna let us and our monsters invade her home, and oh did we enjoy it. As expected Kodi sweet talked Nolan into whatever she wanted to do.
Grandma Oveson had a big pig and the kids couldn't get enough of that thing. Uncle DeMar gave Heath a tour of his shop. Grandma Claudia fed us a super lunch.
And yes, Uncle Darce got me on a horse. (I think that I have been on a horse six times total in my life.) Sunday we headed to Price where Uncle Seth blessed his new baby. Skyler was so handsome and good.
Heath and I have been to Emery County lots of times through the years. Each time we take a few minutes to go to the cemetery in Cleveland. For some reason this time was different.
This weekend I missed a man that I have never met.
I'm thankful that we have family to help us give our kids experiences that we just can't do on our own right now. By the time we were loaded up and headed home we were exhausted from all the fun we had.

4 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

Cute cute cute . . . I'm loving the picture of you on a horse and loving the whole adventurous theme of your blog as late! My only wish is that I were a part of all these adventures - here I go again, if wishes were fishes. Love those kids and their parents are ok too I guess :)

Mrs. Walker said...

I don't think I've ever commented on your blog, I just stalk (*blushing embarassedly*). I'm one of Heath's cousins on the Oveson side, and I came across this blog post. I'm so glad you guys had fun in the EC! I love seeing photos of people's trips there. What a blast!

And, I just gotta say your kids are adorable. Love it!

Nat said...

Sorry we weren't able to meet up with you guys. I totally wasn't planning on the second surgery.

It looks like you had fun, and we'll definitely have to get together next time!

Laura said...

Wow! This looks so fun! Glad you tried the horse - you look so natural on it. :)