Monday, August 24, 2009

Exciting Update

Now I know that everyone out there has been waiting and waiting and waiting. The big day happened on Saturday late in the evening. Sorry if you didn't get your phone call letting you know the news as soon as it happened, but we were so excited around here that phone calls just weren't made. And then to our sheer excitement it happened again on Sunday! Our chick chickies laid eggs! So far today the kids have gone to check for eggs three times today and it is only 9am. YEA for Bitty and Lola! :)

4 comments:

Oveson's said...

Wahoo!!! yea for eggs!! that is super exciting. Lots of fun food at your house....egg sandwiches...cakes...cookies...you name it that is awesome!!

Sara said...

I can't believe no one called! :)

Toni Dee! said...

3 cheers! Hoorah . . . I'll expect a hum-dinger omelet when I visit :)

Laura said...

Yah! Isn't it so fun to have those little guys out there?! The boys go out to check on them and their egg progress at least 10 times a morning! It is so good! :) I'm impressed that our chickens have learned to lay with hands under them waiting to catch the eggs. Enjoy them!