As you all know the 4th of July is one of my very most favorite holidays! So we got up that morning and all put on our red, white and blue outfits and headed to the parade. Kodi, Gideon and Trace in the stroller pushed by Dad, and Tell in the snugglie carried by Mom. The parade was great, but my kids just aren't quite quick enough to get the candy before the other kids. Thankfully Maj was there to help. Then off to the park to jump and slide on the huge blowup castle. Dad bought us all lovely red snow cones, and then headed off to run the cotton candy booth. So the kids and I sat in the park and ate our snow cones, and got red everywhere. (But they were delicious.) The kids were tired by now, so we went on home. Which was my workout for the day. Yes we only live three blocks from the park, but it was the middle of the day, I had one strapped to my front and pushing the other three up hill. Anyways, when I got home I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures, so while they slept I washed their cute little red, white and blue outfits so that I could take a picture. Off to Aunt Aimee's house for amazing ribs and some family fun. The kids dutifully pulled off their clothes and put on their suits to go swimming in Giada's little pool. (Still didn't get those pictures) Then to the grocery store. I know not very fun, but we needed food, and I had been putting off grocery shopping for two weeks. After we got home and got the kids bathed and calmed down, we headed back up to Aunt Aimee's house to set off the fireworks Dad bought, and watch the big ones from her balcony. I took my camera again, and by now I am feeling really, really bad because I haven't captured one moment of this great day. So here are the two pictuces of Kodi and Gideon with their sparklers.
Gideon of course was trying to figure his out long before Dad got to him with the lighter, so it was a little bit mangled. :) Kodi wasn't convinced that it was going to stop before it got to her hand. They had a good time, and so did Mom and Dad. We are so thankful for our freedom and to live in this beautiful land, with our little family!
(Don't worry sometime this week I will get them all in there outfits, AGAIN and take a picture.)
Monday, July 7, 2008
Happy 4th of July
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so jealous! Turns out, even sparklers are illegal in this dumb big city! Sheesh - that was a major disapointment for me. At least you're training your kids to be pyros, mine will need a lot of help! :)
Even though you missed out on a lot of pictures, it looks like you still had a lot of fun! You are a trooper for packing four kids home in the heat of the day! Do you have a triple stroller, or did you just pile them on top of eachother?! (which is what I do!:)
We missed out on all the fireworks! Oh well...there is always the 24th!
Post a Comment