Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Garden

Well here is our garden. I finally got some pictures taken. Though as I was putting them together I noticed that in the week from when I took these and now - the veggies have grown so much! We have strawberries started and bell peppers and hot peppers. I can't wait til everything is big and "eatable" :) We have the boxes on sawhorses for a few wonderful reasons. To dissuade kids and the dog from digging and/or stomping on through them. And so I don't have to bend over to tend to the plants. I love it! And then we put the little fence around the garden area to help the kids remember that they don't go in there without Mommy or Daddy. And finally the arbor. Heath made me that awesome arbor. I don't have a creeping plant on it yet, but someday I will.

We made 5 boxes and have tomatoes on the backside of each one. We are petitioning for every one's favorite salsa recipes. We want to try lots and find our family favorite. So, if you have one please please please email it to me! (hjoveson@msn.com) Also I took a video tour of our backyard. I didn't really like it so I took the above still pictures. But then I got to thinking that you all might want a good laugh, so I included the video as well. :) Happy Gardening!

4 comments:

Oveson's said...

Wow....ok I have to say it again...WOW...that looks fantastic...I love your little garden area...I could use that style of garden right now...no bending over..lol Loads of work but that all looks so super!!

Nat said...

What a great idea to plant everything in boxed and put them on sawhorses! I'll bet you don't get many weeds!!

Toni Dee! said...

I want to move in with you ok? I'll just live in the backyard - put up my tent and be permanent visitors ok? It is beautiful and looks like heaven on earth! All that green grass that you can actually sit on without getting chiggers and the playground equipment and the sand and look at the beautiful fence around your perfect little garden and the arbor is beautiful and now that I'm tearing up because I miss you so bad I'm gonna stop rambling ok? Thanks for the video - I liked hearing your voice and the little tour guide next to you was pretty darn cute too! Have I mentioned I miss you?

Laurel said...

Hey, I'm Laurel (I went to HS with you but I don't expect you to remember). Toni referred me to your garden post and I must say, It looks so peaceful. I would love to set a chair in the midst of all that green and just enjoy. Great work!