Monday, June 1, 2009

Camping Trip

So we finally got out camping last weekend. We went up to Yankee Meadow and it was BEAUTIFUL! I had been up there once, and Heath hadn't ever been there. It was raining all morning as we were getting ready, but that certainly did not deter us.Kodi, Gideon, where are you? Way back in the back of the Tahoe behind all the blankets, pillows, and bags!
This is what I was doing too, Trace and worked like slaves to get everything packed and ready to go. :)
We made it! It was hit and miss there for a bit, but successful in the end.
I can't imagine how, but when we are camping no one has any interest in me and my camera.
Let the fishing begin.
Hello blue eyes. And do you have a mother? Or just a father that gives you candy necklaces?
Bedtime. Notice I didn't say time to sleep, cause that didn't happen for a few hours. But they sure were the cutest campers ever. And don't think for one second that is where they were in the morning. Tell was with Heath and I, and at some dark point in the night I hear Trace crying. (I don't have my contacts in so I can't see anything.) Trace come here. Yea, climb right in there by Daddy. Sorry Dad, but Tell is over here. "Daddy, I'm freezing" comes a little Kodi voice a little bit later. Come on over. Now you must know that everyone kept pushing Daddy over. When morning rolled around Heath had no room to turn over or move. And you guessed it, Tell had the most room. Makes no sense.
"MOM! It is cold out here, my bottle is empty, and you have that silly camera in my face!" When we got home and I put him in his crib for a nap he giggled and snuggled on down. :) I am still trying to come up from the pile of laundry that we created, but a sucessful trip!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like you had fun! I love Yankee, but you won't find me spending the night there. ;)

Nat said...

How fun! I love camping with small kids! No one ever sleeps! Good luck climbing out of that laundry. I'm still swimming in mine, and we've been back since Thursday.

Toni Dee! said...

Could there be cuter campers? I now have to go buy my kids bandanas . . . darling darling!!! (and yes, I noticed that they match, GO MOM!)

Toni Dee! said...

Sorry, one more thought, could you pass the camera to your hubby and say, "Take my picture"? Seriously - I haven't seen your face since I took your Christmas pictures . . . for me? Please? :)

Oveson's said...

So super fun...looks like you all had a ball...I do some of those campers looked a little tuckerd out. So cute